Heavy Metal Detox Smoothie
This smoothie is both cleansing and delicious!
Toxic heavy metals are everywhere, and are virtually impossible to avoid. For optimal health, we need to constantly eliminate these toxins from the body. There are certain foods that help to pull heavy metals and then eliminate them from the body. You can drink this smoothie everyday or even just a few times a week, especially if you live or work in a toxic environment or are on medications.
Sources of heavy metals
We absorb them from everyday items, foods and tap water.
- Aluminum cans and foil
- Metal cookware
- Manure from livestock and chicken farms leach heavy metals into landfills and water sources.
- Mercury in seafood, Lead in bone broth
- Cadmium in e-cigarettes
- Arsenic in inorganic rice
- Fertilizers and pesticides
Dangers of heavy metal overload
Over a period of time, the heavy metals can oxidize. They start reacting to the oxygen in our bodies, causing inflammation and damage to the surrounding tissue. Symptoms that you have an overload of heavy metals include:
- Brain fog, forgetfulness, headaches, dizziness
- Digestive issues - vomiting, diarrhea
- Puts an immense burden on our immune system leaving us vulnerable to illnesses
- Damaging to liver and can cause
- Metals are a food source for bacteria, viruses and pathogens like E. coli, yeast cells, Epstein Barr and Streptococcus A & B
- Can cause tingling, numbness, skin problems and joint pain
How to eliminate heavy metals
As much as we try to avoid it, heavy metals are everywhere. Even the strictest organic diets have traces of heavy metals. This is because the organic farms are often affected, in some measure, by the spray and runoff from inorganic farms. The keep the toxins moving, we can
- Start your day with the Atlantic Gold Heavy Metal Detox smoothie.
- Drink green tea and plenty of water
- Sea moss, Spirulina, Cilantro, Dulse, Wild blueberries work together synergistically to find, then bind to mercury, lead, aluminum, copper, cadmium and nickel, then eliminate them from our body,
- Dry brushing your skin to keep the lymphatic system flowing
- Avoid antiperspirants - they block elimination of toxins from the underarm.
Atlantic Gold Heavy Metal Detox Smoothie Recipe
You can taste the cilantro, but it is balanced nicely with the sweetness from the bananas and blueberries. Some people do not like the taste of cilantro. There's a scientific reason for that. Heavy metals already starting to corrode in the body and saliva, thus giving you a nasty taste. In other words, if you hate cilantro, you NEED cilantro! It might be a little sweet for some people, so you can use just one of the bananas.
It's important to use wild blueberries because they have the detoxifying properties that regular blueberries don't have. They can be found in the frozen section of the supermarket. This is safe to drink of pregnant, nursing and for kids.
Makes 2 servings
- 2 Bananas (you can sub with mangoes or papaya)
- 2 cups of wild blueberries
- 3 tbsp Atlantic Gold Spring Ocean Gel
- 2 tbsp Atlantic Gold Dulse Flakes
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro
- 1/2 - 1 cup organic coconut water
Substitute for Spring Ocean Gel - Use 1/3 cup of raw/rehydrated green sea moss and 1 tsp spirulina or chlorella powder. You can sub the coconut water for regular water. No sub for the wild blueberries, though. They are pretty important to the detox process.
Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and enjoy! Makes 2 servings